Living up to our tagline
Plymouth Rock was founded on the principle of doing the right thing for our customers and agents. That means going above and beyond to provide more than just insurance - most importantly during difficult times like the one we're living in now.
We understand that nearly everyone has been affected by the coronavirus pandemic in some way, and many are experiencing serious financial hardship. We want to do everything we can to help our customers, particularly those who are most in need.
Later today, we will issue a press release detailing our planned relief efforts for customers. As a part of the announcement, we will introduce our "pay it forward" option, which gives anyone who wishes the ability to donate their auto insurance premium credit to a non-profit that is providing relief for those hit hardest by COVID‑19. It's a simple way to help those most in need.
Additionally, Plymouth Rock plans to offer the following relief to its customers, subject to regulatory approval:
- A 25% premium credit on Liability and Personal Injury Protection Coverages
- The option to "pay it forward" by donating auto insurance premium credit to a non-profit organization
- The waiver of comprehensive and collision deductibles for any health care worker involved in an accident while driving to and from work, or in the line of duty
- Application of the home insurance Additional Living Expense Coverage to any health care worker required by illness or job requirements caused by COVID-19 to temporarily reside somewhere other than their primary residence when payment for these expenses is not provided by the health worker's employer or another source
- Continuation of our payment flexibility, including waiving of late fees and a 60-day grace period (longer in some states), holds on cancellations and non-renewals for non-payment, per state guidelines
- Extension of our food and legal medicine delivery accommodation
All relief will be available to current policies and new business, effective April 1 and extended until each state's individual stay-at-home orders are lifted. Commission payments will not be affected.
You can read our press release in detail on the Plymouth Rock website
And for all of our COVID-19 related information, please visit the COVID-19 Independent Agent Message Center.
As you and your customers continue to navigate through these difficult times, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Marketing Representative or a member of our Customer Solutions team
. We are here and ready to help.
Thank you for your continued support during these challenging days. We're in this together.
Plymouth Rock Assurance
Bunker Hill Insurance Company